DJ&A was tasked with conducting a complete inspection of the existing steel truss, timber approach spans and concrete substructure, performing a load rating of all of the spans to determine the value in rehabilitating the structure, preparing preliminary cost estimates, and finally developing rehabilitation Plans and Specifications for the structure. Although not typically a viable option for single lane county bridges, rehabilitation was a cost efficient and effective means of extending the serviceability of this bridge. Repair work included replacing the timber deck and rail elements, and repairing the concrete piers and abutments.
- Conducting a bridge inspection
- load rating
- preliminary design alternatives
- final structural design, bridge plans, cost estimate and project specifications
- reviewing construction shop drawings
- scan of the pre-construction structure for historic preservation documentation